RE: st: Transfering multiple data to stata format.

From   "Bradley, Steven W" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Transfering multiple data to stata format.
Date   Thu, 1 Sep 2005 16:26:08 -0500

StatTransfer was extremely helpful for me in this regard as well.

________________________

Steven W. Bradley
Doctoral Student
Management Department
Kelley School of Business
Indiana University
[email protected]
812.855.1953
_________________________

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Roger Newson
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 4:22 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Transfering multiple data to stata format.

At 19:21 01/09/2005, Amadou wrote:
>Hi,
>I have several data sets in spss format that I want to convert into
stata
>format.
>I am using dbms copy v7 to do the job. But it won't accept multiple
inputs.
>It is painfull to select one by one.
>Is there any efficient, faster way to code this?

I myself am a StatTransfer user, mostly because StatTransfer has a DOS
command mode, which made it possible for me to write the -stcmd- package

(downloadable from SSC) as a way for Stata programs to call
StatTransfer. I
presume that Amadou doesn't have StatTransfer.

DBMS Copy still doesn't have a DOS command mode (I think). However, I
seem
to recall that DBMS Copy has batch files, written in a command language
of
its own. Amadou might possibly write one of these batch files, or even
write a Stata program to write one of these batch files.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger

--
Roger Newson
Lecturer in Medical Statistics

5th Floor, Capital House
42 Weston Street
London SE1 3QD
United Kingdom

Tel: 020 7848 6648 International +44 20 7848 6648
Fax: 020 7848 6620 International +44 20 7848 6620
   or 020 7848 6605 International +44 20 7848 6605
Email: [email protected]
Website: http://phs.kcl.ac.uk/rogernewson/

Opinions expressed are those of the author, not the institution.