Re: st: Windows XP, Stata, and memory

From   [email protected] (Alan Riley)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Windows XP, Stata, and memory
Date   Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:03:09 -0500

Pierre Azoulay ([email protected]) asked about allocating
large amounts of memory to Stata under 32-bit Windows:
> My computer is running Windows XP SP2 with two gigabytes of RAM, along
> with Stata 9.
> The problem is that I cannot seem to be able to assign more memory to
> stata than about 800 MB.

We have identified this as an issue with Windows XP SP2.  An undocumented
hotfix is available from Microsoft.  The following FAQ on our web site
explains the issue and provides information that should assist with
obtaining the fix from Microsoft:

   http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/win/winmemory.html

Alan Riley
([email protected])