Re: st: update manually

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: update manually
Date   Wed, 30 Mar 2005 07:53:40 -0500

At 02:08 PM 3/30/2005 +0200, Hans J.  Baumgartner wrote:
Dear statalist,

I would like to update Stata on a machine that cannot be connected to the web. Hence update query does not work.
I have the same problem with my laptop, although oddly enough version 7 has no problem accessing the internet. Stata tech support was unable to figure it out. As others have noted, you can do the non-internet update. However, what I periodically do is copy c:\stata8 and c:\ado from a machine where Stata works fine onto the laptop where it does not. This might cause problems if, say, should be different on the 2 machines.

Also see

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227