st: update manually

From   "Hans J. Baumgartner" <>
Subject   st: update manually
Date   Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:08:34 +0200

Dear statalist,

I would like to update Stata on a machine that cannot be connected to the web. Hence update query does not work.

Has anybody any experiences to share with such a problem?

I am currently thinking of manually writing the r(inst_ado) with the date of my installed ados and then running update into(.).

What can get wrong on the way? What do I have to care for? Any other strategy to advise?

Many thanks in advance

Hans J. Baumgartner DIW Berlin
German Institute for Economic Research
Dept. Public Economics
Königin-Luise-Str. 5; 14195 Berlin; Germany
Tel.: +49/30/89789-307
Fax.: +49/30/89789-114

* For searches and help try: