Re: st: update manually

From   "Herve STOLOWY" <>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: update manually
Date   Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:15:44 +0200

Dear Hans:

If you visit the website (Resources & support/Software updates/"If you use Stata 8 but do not have access to the Internet from within Stata, click here"), you will find a possibility to donwload the most recent updates very easily.

Best regards

Coordinateur du Département/Head of Department
HEC Paris
Département Comptabilité Contrôle de gestion / Dept of Accounting and Management Control
1, rue de la Liberation
78351 - Jouy-en-Josas
Tel: +33 1 39 67 94 42 - Fax: +33 1 39 67 70 86
>>> 03/30/05 2:08 PM >>>
Dear statalist,

I would like to update Stata on a machine that cannot be connected to
the web. Hence update query does not work.

Has anybody any experiences to share with such a problem?

I am currently thinking of manually writing the r(inst_ado) with the
date of my installed ados and then running update into(.).

What can get wrong on the way? What do I have to care for? Any other
strategy to advise?

Many thanks in advance

Hans J. Baumgartner DIW Berlin
German Institute for Economic Research
Dept. Public Economics
Königin-Luise-Str. 5; 14195 Berlin; Germany
Tel.: +49/30/89789-307
Fax.: +49/30/89789-114