st: survey command+subpop() option

From   "Jitian Sheu" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: survey command+subpop() option
Date   Wed, 9 Jun 2004 14:21:52 -0400

Hello, listers:

I am using -svytab- to obtain the chi-square and F-value.

The data contains
(1) an illness, denote as "cat";
(2) ethnicity (race=1, 2, and 3)
(3) for race=2, there are four gropus (denoted as "latinos") ==> Hence, the
variable(LATINOS) is not equal to missing if race==2  (Or, latinos==. if
race~=2)

The command I used is as following:

svytab cat latinos

==> Stata always return me the following message:

stratum with only one PSU detected
r(460)

I konw this is because under the subsample of race=2(latino~=missing0, some
stratum are only with one PSU
Some of my friends told me that I can solve this problem by specifying the
option, subpop(if race==2).
Since they have the similar problem when using -svymean-.

However, when I use the following command:

svytab cat latinos, subpop(if race==2)

I obtain the following message:
NOTE: subpop() subpopulation is same as full population
subpop()=1 indicates observations in subpopulation
subpop()=1 indicates observations not in subpopulation
stratum with only one PSU detected
r(460)

Does any one have any suggestions?

thanks