st: svy commands and missing cases

From   "Robert Bozick" <>
Subject   st: svy commands and missing cases
Date   Wed, 09 Jun 2004 14:34:47 -0400

Hey Stata listers,

I hope you can help me.  I am stumped on what seems to be an easy problem to

I am trying to estimate a logit model using the survey commands on a sample
of 9,966.  When I estimate the model:

svylogit y x1 x2 x3

Stata lists 9,559 observations

When I estimate the model without the survey commands:

logit y x1 x2 x3

Stata lists 9,966 observations, which is the correct number of observations.
  How can I get the svy procedures to estimate the model on ALL

Thoughts, anyone?