RE: st: qreg SEs

From   "Shinkyu Yang" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: qreg SEs
Date   Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:49:54 -0500

If it is NOT satisfactory, then why don't YOU make it satisfactory,
Ricardo Ovaldia?

I am quite puzzled why you CANNOT contribute but can blame others?  I
did NOT accuse anything but just stated my experience.

BTW, I did NOT say that ALL Stata's SEs are hardly correct.

Skyang

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Ricardo
Ovaldia
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 5:58 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: qreg SEs

--- Shinkyu Yang <[email protected]> first wrote
that the way Stata computes SE was incorrect:

> As far as I know, qreq does not produce the right
> SEs. There are several ways to construct standard
> error.  I will tell further if you cannot find ways
> to construct SEs.

Frank Eaton <[email protected]> ask for more
detail

--- Shinkyu Yang <[email protected]> then wrote:

> As others already mentioned, Reference qreg part
> explains bootstrap
> method to construct SEs. My experience told me that
> the  Stata's SEs
> were hardly correct.

This is NOT satisfactory, Shinkyu Yang, you stated
that Stata's SE are wrong but do not provide any
supporting evidence. This leaves us, who routinely use
-qreg-, wandering if you are correct and Stata is
wrong or what? If Stata is computing incorrect SE, I
and I'm sure Stata, would want to know this.

I think that is a terrible disservice to Stata and
users to state on this list that something is computed
incorrectly without providing adequate evidence.

Best,
Ricardo.

=====
Ricardo Ovaldia, MS
Statistician
Oklahoma City, OK

http://taxes.yahoo.com/
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Yang;Shinkyu;;Professor
FN:Shinkyu Yang
ORG:New York University
TITLE:Professor
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(212) 998-0818
TEL;HOME;VOICE:(212) 777-5199
TEL;CELL;VOICE:(917) 407-4712
TEL;WORK;FAX:(212) 995-4228
TEL;HOME;FAX:(212) 504-7917
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;44 West 4th St.=0D=0ASuite 8-94;New York;NY;10012;United States of America
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:44 West 4th St.=0D=0ASuite 8-94=0D=0ANew York, NY 10012=0D=0AUnited States o=
f America
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:[email protected]
REV:20030212T233941Z
END:VCARD