RE: st: qreg SEs

From   "Shinkyu Yang" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: qreg SEs
Date   Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:49:54 -0500

If it is NOT satisfactory, then why don't YOU make it satisfactory,
Ricardo Ovaldia?

I am quite puzzled why you CANNOT contribute but can blame others?  I
did NOT accuse anything but just stated my experience.

BTW, I did NOT say that ALL Stata's SEs are hardly correct.

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Ricardo
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 5:58 PM
Subject: Re: st: qreg SEs

--- Shinkyu Yang <> first wrote
that the way Stata computes SE was incorrect:

> As far as I know, qreq does not produce the right
> SEs. There are several ways to construct standard
> error.  I will tell further if you cannot find ways
> to construct SEs.

Frank Eaton <> ask for more

--- Shinkyu Yang <> then wrote:
> As others already mentioned, Reference qreg part
> explains bootstrap
> method to construct SEs. My experience told me that
> the  Stata's SEs
> were hardly correct.

This is NOT satisfactory, Shinkyu Yang, you stated
that Stata's SE are wrong but do not provide any
supporting evidence. This leaves us, who routinely use
-qreg-, wandering if you are correct and Stata is
wrong or what? If Stata is computing incorrect SE, I
and I'm sure Stata, would want to know this.

I think that is a terrible disservice to Stata and
users to state on this list that something is computed
incorrectly without providing adequate evidence.

Ricardo Ovaldia, MS
Oklahoma City, OK

Do you Yahoo!?
FN:Shinkyu Yang
ORG:New York University
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(212) 998-0818
TEL;HOME;VOICE:(212) 777-5199
TEL;CELL;VOICE:(917) 407-4712
TEL;WORK;FAX:(212) 995-4228
TEL;HOME;FAX:(212) 504-7917
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;44 West 4th St.=0D=0ASuite 8-94;New York;NY;10012;United States of America
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:44 West 4th St.=0D=0ASuite 8-94=0D=0ANew York, NY 10012=0D=0AUnited States o=
f America