Re: st: qreg SEs

From   Ricardo Ovaldia <>
Subject   Re: st: qreg SEs
Date   Wed, 26 Feb 2003 14:58:27 -0800 (PST)

--- Shinkyu Yang <> first wrote
that the way Stata computes SE was incorrect:

> As far as I know, qreq does not produce the right
> SEs. There are several ways to construct standard
> error.  I will tell further if you cannot find ways
> to construct SEs.

Frank Eaton <> ask for more

--- Shinkyu Yang <> then wrote:
> As others already mentioned, Reference qreg part
> explains bootstrap
> method to construct SEs. My experience told me that
> the  Stata's SEs
> were hardly correct.

This is NOT satisfactory, Shinkyu Yang, you stated
that Stata's SE are wrong but do not provide any
supporting evidence. This leaves us, who routinely use
-qreg-, wandering if you are correct and Stata is
wrong or what? If Stata is computing incorrect SE, I
and I'm sure Stata, would want to know this.

I think that is a terrible disservice to Stata and
users to state on this list that something is computed
incorrectly without providing adequate evidence.

Ricardo Ovaldia, MS
Oklahoma City, OK

Do you Yahoo!?