Re: st: PDF Stata 8 manuals

From   Richard Sperling <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: PDF Stata 8 manuals
Date   Sat, 21 Dec 2002 23:53:49 -0500

On Saturday 21 December 2002 20:51, Stephen Rothenberg wrote:

[stuff deleted]

> Has StataCorp given any thought to making the Stata Manuals available as
> PDF or Postscript files, either available from the distribution CD or as a
> download for registered users who have bought the paper manuals?  Many
> software companies already do this.  It would be a boon to traveling
> analysts.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this should be straightforward to accomplish
since the manuals are typeset in TeX. Wouldn't it merely be a matter of
running the source for the manuals through pdfTeX?
--
Richard