Re: st: PDF Stata 8 manuals

From   Friedrich Huebler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: PDF Stata 8 manuals
Date   Sat, 21 Dec 2002 19:47:01 -0800 (PST)

--- Stephen Rothenberg <[email protected]> wrote:
> My most frequent use of Stata is from a laptop, working at
> different sites throughout the year.  Hauling around the
> manuals is impractical.

Manuals in PDF format would not only be useful for people traveling
with a laptop. A single-user license allows Stata to be installed on
more than one computer (at home and at work, for example), as long as
it is not used by more than one person at the same time. The manuals,
on the other hand, usually stay in one place and may not be available
when they are needed. I agree with Steve's suggestion that the
manuals be made available in PDF format.

Friedrich Huebler