st: PDF Stata 8 manuals

From   "Stephen Rothenberg" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: PDF Stata 8 manuals
Date   Sat, 21 Dec 2002 17:51:33 -0800

This is really directed to StataCorp but I would welcome comments on the
suggestion:

The Stata Manuals are gems.  Though the help system is very useful,
questions about commands can often be answered only through the manuals,
especially from the examples.

My most frequent use of Stata is from a laptop, working at different sites
throughout the year.  Hauling around the manuals is impractical.

Has StataCorp given any thought to making the Stata Manuals available as PDF
or Postscript files, either available from the distribution CD or as a
download for registered users who have bought the paper manuals?  Many
software companies already do this.  It would be a boon to traveling
analysts.

Happy holidays to everyone!
Steve Rothenberg
Drew University of Medicine & Science, Los Angeles
National Institute of Public Health, Cuernavaca, Mexico