Re: st: Imputing Mean of Top-Coded Income Category

From   "Joshua A. Guetzkow" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Imputing Mean of Top-Coded Income Category
Date   Fri, 26 Jul 2002 17:29:42 -0400 (EDT)

David,

Actually, I did get one response privately from Dick Campbell, who
suggested using CNREG (see below). I thank you both for your suggestions
and vigilance.

Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 10:05:24 -0500
From: Dick Campbell <[email protected]>

It occurs to me that you could still use public data
to estimate means by subgroups using cnreg and that those
estimates would be better than Pareto estimates which
do indeed depend on somewhat abritrary categorizations.
I suspect there are folks out there who can give you
better advice, so if you get something useful, please
let me know. Thanks.