Re: st: Gentle resister

Subject   Re: st: Gentle resister
Date   Tue, 15 Apr 2014 13:01:18 -0400

Mark--
I strongly agree, but would go a step farther. I feel less impetus to
contribute once someone else has weighed in, but if the RSS feed does
not tell me once someone has weighed in, it requires much more effort
on my part to see which questions are outstanding.

On gmail, it was easy to see the active threads with 15 or 20 post on
one topic, always worth reading, and to see some apparent orphans with
only one post, and one could safely ignore many posts with 2 or 3
posts especially if Nick's name was shown as responding already.  On
the whole, the new format is much less congenial to those of us who
try to spend a small amount of time monitoring Statalist but still to
make a significant positive contribution.

However, recent changes to gmail have made Statalist much less
congenial already, which I can hardly blame on the Statalist
transition committee!