Re: st: graphing median values against time

From   Donald Spady <[email protected]>
To   Statalist Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: graphing median values against time
Date   Wed, 9 Apr 2014 07:25:35 -0600

Tim
  After digesting your and Nick’s advice I have used the lgraph command to good effect; however I have one problem.  If I write:
foreach name in “cumten” “cumswol” {
igraph `name’ following if visspell !=. & recnum == 1, by(aborig) label(0 3 9 15, lab size(tiny)) stat(mean) title(“Mean `name’ (Median:nonFN:Navy; FN:Gold)”,size(small)) label(#10) also collapse((median) median = `name’) addplot(line median following if aborig == 0, lcolor(dknavy) clwidth(thick)|| line median following if aborig == 1)
}

everything works fine and I get pretty pictures.

BUT if I write:
foreach name in “cumten” “cumswol” {
lgraph `name’ following if visspell !=. & recnum == 1, by(aborig) label(0 3 9 15, lab size(tiny)) stat(mean) title(“Mean `name’ (Median:nonFN:Navy; FN:Gold)”,size(small)) label(#10) also collapse((median) median = `name’) addplot(line median following if aborig == 0, lcolor(dknavy) clwidth(thick)|| line median following if aborig == 1, lcolor(black))
}
The only change is the addition of lcolor(black) at the end of the command.

I get the message:
	invalid ‘title'
	r(198)

Why.  And how do I fix it.