RE: st: Panel data correlation

From   "Cohen, Elan" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Panel data correlation
Date   Tue, 1 Apr 2014 18:02:58 +0000

This is my guess.  Anderson would like to look at the correlation across years, but -correlate- isn't structured to handle data in long format.  Hence, we need to -reshape wide-.

reshape wide CA PFI, i(country) j(years)
corr CA*
corr PFI*

The above code has not been tested.  Hope this helps.

- Elan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Nick Cox
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2014 13:50
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Panel data correlation

Sorry, but I can't add to my previous answer as I don't think you are
posing a precise question.

What's different may be what makes sense to your project, but pooling
countries and years just mixes different kinds of variation and would
produce something difficult to interpret. The point is usually made in
broader discussions of cross-sectional and panel analyses.