Re: st: plotting confidence bands around marginal means from mixed model

From   "Roger B. Newson" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: plotting confidence bands around marginal means from mixed model
Date   Sat, 29 Mar 2014 10:36:07 +0000

As I understand your query, this might be a job for -margins-, followed by -parmest- to save the confidence intervals for the marginal means to an output dataset (or resultsset) with 1 observation per estimated parameter (marginal mean) and data on the estimates and confidence limits, followed by -eclplot- to plot the estimates and confidence limits against whatever you want to plot them against.

The -parmest- and -eclplot- packages can be downloaded from SSC. The -parmest- package can be used after -margins- to store confidence intervals for the marginal means, using the -bmatrix()- and -vmatrix()- options. As in

bmatrix(r(b)) vmatrix(r(V))

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger

Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil
Lecturer in Medical Statistics
Respiratory Epidemiology, Occupational Medicine
and Public Health Group
National Heart and Lung Institute
Imperial College London
Royal Brompton Campus