st: GSEM References

From   Robin Jeffries <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: GSEM References
Date   Thu, 27 Mar 2014 08:22:01 -0700

Hello,

I just started learning the SEM analyses technique recently in an
attempt to verify that our data supports the theoretical
information-motivation-behavior model. Most literature I've found on
testing the validity of this model involve fully continuous data and
therefor rely on goodness of fit statistics such as CFI and RMSEA.

However, most if not all of my data is categorical. Some fit nicely
into latent factors, others do not and/or need to enter the model
unmodified and not treated as a continuous measure.

I understand why GSEM does not provide the same type of GOF statistics
that SEM does, (It's a similar concept between logistic and linear
regression). However, I can't seem to find any literature that does a
similar type of analysis so I can continue to learn 1) how to
interpret the SEM results and
2) how to determine if the model that seemingly fits (no convergence
problems, all paths significant) is actually doing a good job. Is
there some sort of ROC curve that can be created?

I have also read briefly in this listserv archives, that you can treat
all variables as continuous just to get the measures of fit? Are there
any references to indicate that this is a valid technique?

Any suggestions on resources to how to interpret/use/learn GSEM is appreciated.

Thanks,
-Robin