st: Regression with categorical ordinal Y and nonlinear complex function of X's

From   Bloomberg Jenny <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Regression with categorical ordinal Y and nonlinear complex function of X's
Date   Sun, 16 Mar 2014 23:15:39 +0000

Hello,

I have a question about how to conduct a nonlinear regression like the
following:

The dependent variable is a categorical ordinal variable (like 1-5
that are ordered), while the right hand side of the regression
function is given by a non-polynomial function of explanatory
variables, such as of logarithm or of exponential, in addition to
linear terms.
In such a case, what kind of stata commands would be useful to conduct
a regression analysis and test the goodness-of-fit?

I think if the right hand side was given by a simple linear functions
(or possibly with a simple interaction term of linear terms), I could
use the standard -ologit-. Also, even with such a complex function as
exp and log plus linear terms in the right hand side, I think I could
use -nl- command if the dependent variable was a continuous variable.
However, I have no idea what I can/should I do if these two kinds of
features, categorical ordinal Y and nonlinear complex function of X's,
appear at the same time.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Best,
Jenny