Re: Re: st: Time demean panel variables using -center command

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: Re: st: Time demean panel variables using -center command
Date   Wed, 12 Mar 2014 19:06:12 +0000

You missed my point, but the point is a standard one. Please do read
the Statalist FAQ and in particular its advice about explaining the
provenance of user-written software. See
http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/resources/statalist-faq/#stata

The point is at least threefold:

1. By explaining which programs you are using you make your problem
clearer to those who might answer it. Even those interested in the
problem, but unlikely to offer a solution, get a sense of how to
reproduce the problem.

2. By mentioning user-written programs as such you flag to people
interested in similar work programs that might be useful to them.

3. The authors of such programs get at least indirectly some credit
for their work.