st: Combine several variables into one

From   "Rubi Lam" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Combine several variables into one
Date   Wed, 12 Mar 2014 20:05:25 +0800

Hi fellows!

I am now writing an essay about the relation between personal income and
health status, and have already collected enough questionnaire. There are
few questions related to the health status like how much did you spend on
the sickness or how many days are you absent from work due to the sickness.
Now I need to mix them up to create a new single variables to represent the
level of health status.

I've tried pca and factor, neither of them worked out since the variables
didn't lessen or the uniqueness is so big that the factors didn't explain
enough information.

Therefore I do need you help to work it out by a new method that is doable
in stata12.

Many thanks to y'all!
Have a nice day!

Regards,