Re: st: simulate error

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: simulate error
Date   Tue, 11 Mar 2014 15:15:03 +0000

Strictly, there is absolutely nothing illegal about the name "mark"
for a program. If there were, no such command could exist, official or
user-written.

It's just that it is pointless to use that name for your own programs,
as your own program will not be executed when you use the name, as you
have discovered.

It's possible in this case to subvert that, but anyone who knows how
does not need to be told, and I really don't recommend what I am not
going to explain.