st: How can I combine several events or variables into one?

From   "Rubi Lam" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: How can I combine several events or variables into one?
Date   Sun, 9 Mar 2014 23:17:26 +0800

Hi fellows!

I am now writing an essay about satisfaction thing, and have already
collected enough questionnaire. There are few questions about the
satisfaction level and I need to mix them up to create a new single
variables to represent the level of satisfaction.

I've tried pca and factor, neither of them worked out since the variables
didn't lessen or the uniqueness is so big that the factors didn't explain
enough information.

Therefore I do need you help to work it out by a new method that is doable
in stata12.

Many thanks to y'all!
Have a nice day!

Regards,