st: Posthoc power analysis for linear mixed effect model

From   Mohammod Mostazir <[email protected]>
To   Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Posthoc power analysis for linear mixed effect model
Date   Fri, 7 Mar 2014 19:55:01 +0000

Dear great stat-warriors,

I need some Stata related H--E--L--P here. I have a dataset that has
repeated BMI
(Body Mass Index; continuous scale) measurements of 10 equally spaced
annual time points from 140 cases. The interest is to observed change
in BMI in relation to other time-constant and time-varying
co-variates. The analysis I have carried out is linear mixed effect
model using Stata's 'xtmixed' command with random intercepts and
slopes.  Now I would like to carry out a posthoc power analysis to see
how much power the study has. Is there any light in Stata in relation
to this? I have seen Stata's ''power repeated'' command which does not
suit here as they are suitable for one/two way repeated ANOVA designs.

Any comment is highly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Best,

Mos