Re: st: plain and robust st. errors below each other with estout, etc.

Subject   Re: st: plain and robust st. errors below each other with estout, etc.
Date   Fri, 7 Mar 2014 09:36:10 -0600

It is difficult within Stata's estimation results paradigm to have
different types of standard errors. One exception are survey settings
where there's a traditional measure of the design effect that calls
for computing both the "right" (~robust) standard errors and the
"wrong" (plain) standard errors. You can declare your data to be

svyset _n

to produce the robust standard errors (sans some of the degrees of
freedom/small sample correction multipliers), and then you can pick
the robust standard errors from e(V), and the naive standard errors
from e(V_SRS). However, I don't really know if there is a smart way to
have -estout- or -outreg- pick up these different matrices and align
them with the default _b[] and _se[] -- I can't rule out the
possibility that this is doable, but I don't really know whether they
are able to place that coefficient exactly into that location.

If I had a need like this, I would simply use -putexcel- in Stata 13
and won't bother with the user-written commands, however useful they
are for the standard tasks.

-- Stas Kolenikov, PhD, PStat (ASA, SSC)
-- Principal Survey Scientist, Abt SRBI
-- Opinions stated in this email are mine only, and do not reflect the
position of my employer
-- http://stas.kolenikov.name