Re: st: growth rates

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: growth rates
Date   Fri, 7 Mar 2014 13:24:00 +0000

I don't get this. Do you have a definition of growth rate and want
Stata code for this or do you want advice on how to measure it?

For example, if something can ever be zero or negative, then even

change in value / previous value

can not be a good idea, because growing from -1 to 0 gives growth rate
of -1 and growing from 0 to 1 gives an indeterminate value.

so even that is not a universal.