Re: st: Governance Index

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Governance Index
Date   Mon, 3 Mar 2014 09:28:14 +0100

Do you think that corruption, law and order, and bureaucratic quality
are caused by governance or that these three are causing governace? It
can be useful to consider some examples: For the former think of an IQ
test. Whether or not you answer the different questions correctly is
(assumed to be) influenced by the latent IQ, so in this case the
latent concept influences the observed items not the other way around.
For the latter consider something like socioeconomic status, which you
can consider as a collection of resources like occupational status,
income, education of the different household members, so in this case
it is the observed items that influence the latent variable an not the
other way around.

-- Maarten

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 7:12 PM, Muhammad Ramzan <[email protected]> wrote:
> Assalam-o-Alaikum
>
> HI Everyone I want to construct the governance index from three
> variables , corruption , Lan and order and Bureautic quality all three
> variables values range from (0 to 6). can any one let me know which
> methodology is appropriate here . and how to implement that in stata.
>
> Regards

Maarten L. Buis
WZB
Reichpietschufer 50