st: creating combinations of all 49 variables and counting their frequencies

From   Krisha Lim <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: creating combinations of all 49 variables and counting their frequencies
Date   Sat, 1 Mar 2014 22:09:45 -0700

Hi,

I have 49 binary variables. I am interested in doing all combinations for those 49 variables and calculating the frequencies. I am not sure how to do this in STATA. The tuples command just generates all the tuples but it stopped after the 9999999 tuples. Would you be able to help me?

To give a context, each binary variable indicates adoption (so 1= adopt). I want to figure out the most used technique or combination of techniques used in my dataset. I know this will be a very very large number, but hope there's a way to do it.

Thanks!

Krisha