Re: st: Propensity Score Matching Between 3 Groups

Subject   Re: st: Propensity Score Matching Between 3 Groups
Date   Thu, 27 Feb 2014 19:23:55 -0500

I believe that Adam has misinterpreted the "positivity assumption". It
is, according to Stuart (2009):

"2) there is a positive probability of receiving each treatment for all
values of X: 0 < P(T = 1|X) < 1 for all X."

In other words, the conditioning event is not residence in the
non-intervention area (a "treatment"), but on the predictors used for
creating the propensity score.

Reference: Stuart, EA. 2009. Matching Methods for Causal Inference: A
review and a look forward. Statistical Science
Author Manuscrip available at:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2943670/pdf/nihms200640.pdf

Steve
[email protected]