st: Program def syntax

From   "Johannes N. Blumenberg" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Program def syntax
Date   Tue, 25 Feb 2014 11:19:23 +0100

Dear statalist

I got a small question regarding the program define syntax. I defined a program and set its syntax to
syntax varlist [, BY(varlist) MOreoff]

However, I am unable to access the varlist defined in "by". All that Stata returns to me is that the statement is true, when I try to display its content with the help of di `by'.

When I put three variables into the by argument Stata returns "1.2". All reading in the guidelines etc did not help me.

So, which kind of black sorcery is needed to return the variablelist defined in `by'? :)

All the best,
Johannes
--
Johannes N. Blumenberg, M.A.