Re: st: Create a dummy variable meeting 2 conditions

From   William Buchanan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Create a dummy variable meeting 2 conditions
Date   Mon, 24 Feb 2014 15:49:02 -0600

This may get you what you're looking for.  The -cond()- function was made for situations like this and makes it much easier to track down problems (if they arise) compared to writing out all of the conditions in different statements explicitly.

g newvar = cond(Var1==1 & inlist(Var2,1,2),1,cond(mi(Var1,Var2),.,0))

HTH,
Billy