Re: st: import excel Command: Automatic Adjustment of cellrange Option in Loop

Subject   Re: st: import excel Command: Automatic Adjustment of cellrange Option in Loop
Date   Fri, 21 Feb 2014 15:48:55 -0500

Roberto, isn't this what Stata is doing all by itself when you don't
specify the range of cells to be imported? Note that both the syntax
and the first examples for import excel demonstrate that cellrange is
an _optional_ option. You can skip it!

If that is motivated by the data starting in the 3rd row, then the
simple solution would be to call import, count the number of lines,
subtract 2, discard the result, import again, but now you know the
exact number of rows.

Best, Sergiy Radyakin