Re: st: RE: Features for Stata 14

Subject   Re: st: RE: Features for Stata 14
Date   Tue, 18 Feb 2014 12:58:34 -0500

I have probably said this before, but the things I want are

* Margins should be easier to use after multiple outcome commands like mlogit and ologit. Having to specify a separate margins command for each outcome is a pain. Have margins do something like what the SSC user-written commands margeff and mfx2 did before margins came along.

* More powerful commands for factor variables. For example, be able to specify the log of a variable and other functions of variables that may be useful.

* More command-specific help for margins. Statalist is always getting questions about why this or that option does not work with margins after some command. The answer is usually something along the lines of saying that the option is not appropriate in that situation. If we were all really really really smart I suppose we would realize that already, but a lot of times we don't. Barring command-specific help, maybe there could be a detailed FAQ that explained why margins can't do something after specific commands.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  [email protected]
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam