st: gllamm produces an error when it didn't used to

From   Tim Sass <[email protected]>
Subject   st: gllamm produces an error when it didn't used to
Date   Thu, 13 Feb 2014 16:08:24 +0000

Dear Statalisters,

I have encountered a strange problem with gllamm.  I am running the exact same stata program on the exact same data set and same hardware as I did in March 2013.  All of the results are identical until I get to the segment of code where I invoke gllamm.  Whereas gllamm ran smoothly before I now get the error message:

matrix M_initf not found

The full segment of relevant output is listed below.  I checked for updates to gllamm and it has not changed since March 2013, so I assume that some change in stata since March 2013 is causing the problem.  Any ideas on what may be causing the problem and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Tim

. gen lns = ln(tfe_se_adj);
(2 missing values generated)

. eq het :lns;

. constraint define 1 [lns1]lns=1;

. gllamm tfe, nocons i(teacher_school) constraint(1) s(het) adapt;

matrix M_initf not found
r(111);

Tim R. Sass
Distinguished University Professor