st: Question about binary endogenous variable

From   Anna Veksler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Question about binary endogenous variable
Date   Thu, 13 Feb 2014 07:13:52 -0800 (PST)

Hello fellow Statalisters,

I would like to fit a regression model with a binary endogenous variable (takes on 0 or 1 values). I looked at the examples for ivregress and they only use

continuous  endogenous variables. What is the best way to solve this problem? Would it be sensible solution just to use ivregress? Maybe I should use probit for

the first stage and then use regression with the fitted values for endogenous variable and then manually adjust standard errors? Any thoughts are highly

appreciated.

Anna Veksler