Re: st: summary tables for categorical variables

From   Donald Spady <[email protected]>
To   Statalist Statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: summary tables for categorical variables
Date   Tue, 11 Feb 2014 15:58:16 -0700

Nick. Thanks for the fast response.  Your suggestion of mrtab is close, but not quite what I need.  mrtab puts the variables down the left side of the table, but only gives a summary of the frequency of the responses.  I want to have (for e.g. 6 columns: 1 for the variable name and 5 for the possible responses (e.g. SA A N D SD).  I dont see any option within mrtab to do that.
  I looked at tabw which is much closer to what is needed, but it does not give the option of say percentage rather than frequency. I know that is nitpicking, but Stata is so extensible I wonder if anyone has looked at this.
Don