Re: st: xcoord using spmap not found??

From   Veeresh Thummadi <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: xcoord using spmap not found??
Date   Sun, 9 Feb 2014 18:05:14 -0500

I used to think that the xcoord specified while using spmap comes from
the basemap(Italy-RegionsCoordinates see below ) which is usually_X
but after investigation i found that it is the variable of the
coordinates specified in the main dataset (Italy-RegionsData.dta).
Hope this helps

program othmap01
sysuse "Italy-RegionsData.dta", clear
spmap using "Italy-RegionsCoordinates.dta", id(id) fcolor(stone)   ///
  title("Pct. Catholics without reservations", size(*0.8))         ///
  subtitle("Italy, 1994-98" " ", size(*0.8))                       ///
  diagram(variable(relig1) range(0 100) refweight(pop98)           ///
  xcoord(xcoord) ycoord(ycoord) fcolor(red))
end
Veeresh Thummadi
Research scientist
Stern School of business