Re: st: RE: RE: -xtmixed- and multilevel data [Was: Grouping income variables- RECODE COMMAND]

From   William Buchanan <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: RE: RE: -xtmixed- and multilevel data [Was: Grouping income variables- RECODE COMMAND]
Date   Thu, 6 Feb 2014 04:23:11 -0600

Do you know if your depression scale is invariant across countries?  If not you may consider using country as a group and fit a multi-group SEM to first establish the measurement invariance of your depression scale.  If the scale does not meet any of the criteria for measurement invariance then any inferences that rely on adjustments of country effects will produce spurious results.

HTH,
Billy

Sent from my iPhone