st: LMS centiles and birthweight comparison for term births

From   Amber Prakash <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: LMS centiles and birthweight comparison for term births
Date   Mon, 3 Feb 2014 12:58:56 +0530

Hi,

I need to obtain birthweight comparisons between my dataset and WHO or
UK or CDC datasets using LMS smoothing method. I have found the
zanthro package and have installed it with all the required ancillary
datasets. It does say in the documentation of the package that it will
calculate and compare LMS weights for age at 0 years for gestation
between 37 & 42 weeks but when I try to use this command;

egen zwauk = zanthro(bwei,wa,WHO), xvar(agem) gender(infsex) ///
gencode(male=1, female=2) ageunit(month) gestage(GAWK)

the generated variable has all missing values. Here agem is a variable
which I have generated and set to zero for all records in my dataset.
When I do the same command with nocutoff option the generated variable
has z values which are too large.

How can I do this?
Is there any other way (apart from zanthro) to do a birthweight
comparison with LMS methods in stata that I could use?

Thanks

--
Well it seems I've finally, Thought of everything
I want to love,I want to feel,Find peace