st: AW: how to estimate SUR like model if one of the dpeendent variable is binary

From   "Meulemann Max" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: AW: how to estimate SUR like model if one of the dpeendent variable is binary
Date   Thu, 30 Jan 2014 17:29:49 +0000

Should work or did it not?

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Singh, Harpreet
Gesendet: Montag, 20. Januar 2014 07:03
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: how to estimate SUR like model if one of the dpeendent variable is binary

I have system of equations in which one dependent variable is binary and other is continuous.

The structure is similar to SUR model but one of the dependent variable is binary.

My equations are something like this :
Y2 = X+Z1 +e1
Y1= X +Z2 +e2

Here Y1 is continuous and Y2 is binary.

Can I use following cmp command to estimate these system of equations :
cmp (y2= x z1) (y1= x z2), indicators($cmp_probit $cmp_cont)

Or will it be a better option to use nlsur.

I will really appreciate any suggestions.