Re: st: calculating transitions in survey data (SVY)

Subject   Re: st: calculating transitions in survey data (SVY)
Date   Thu, 30 Jan 2014 06:35:36 -0500

Marilena <[email protected]>:

I don't know what you mean by sweep. In labor economics, "sweep"
usually refers to the range of wage levels affected by a policy e.g. a
minimum wage.  But to measure transition rates in employment, tab
employment versus lagged employment. In that tab, you probably want
column proportions; if you tab lagged employment versus employment,
you probably want row proportions (to see the fraction of people
transitioning from employed to unemployed, for example).  Note that
this works for multistate variables as well, e.g. if you have many
labor force status categories in your employment variable.