st: RE: Determinate of the varaiance covariance matrix after a VAR

Subject   st: RE: Determinate of the varaiance covariance matrix after a VAR
Date   Fri, 24 Jan 2014 11:20:35 +0000

Kevin,

You need to break it into pieces and copy the saved e(.) matrix into one of your own:

matrix V=e(V)
display det(V)

because the one-step command doesn't work:

. display det(e(V))
matrix operators that return matrices not allowed in this context
r(509);

HTH,
Mark

> Kevin Snapp

-----
Sunday Times Scottish University of the Year 2011-2013
Top in the UK for student experience
Fourth university in the UK and top in Scotland (National Student Survey 2012)

We invite research leaders and ambitious early career researchers to
join us in leading and driving research in key inter-disciplinary themes.
Please see www.hw.ac.uk/researchleaders for further information and how
to apply.

registered under charity number SC000278.