Re: Re: st: information criterions after -xtreg, re-

From   "Filippo Maria D'Arcangelo" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Re: st: information criterions after -xtreg, re-
Date   Wed, 22 Jan 2014 18:43:06 +0100 (CET)

Hi Alfonso,

thank you very much. I'd prefer to use -xtreg, re- to calculate my s.e. because of some assumptions on my error distribution.
If I understood it correctly, I can perform the FGLS estimation of my random effect model, while computing the likelihood by estimating the (equivalent) ML model.
In case the estimates of coefficients differ from -re- and -mle- I should suspect that something is going on and probably refuse to use the AIC calculated by ML for choosing between FGLS models.
I hope it makes sense.
My doubts originated from the fact that Stata stores log-likelihood after many least-squares estimations (such as after -regress-), and I wondered why it was not the case with -xtreg, re-.

f.