Re: st: Collapsing daily data to a monthly data on the 15th each month

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Collapsing daily data to a monthly data on the 15th each month
Date   Tue, 21 Jan 2014 17:56:23 +0000

Let's identify each month by a start date that is 16th of each month
and each year.

The target starts are

gen target = date if day(date) == 16

Some surgery will needed at the beginning to enter an appropriate
target for observation 1 if the first day is not the 16th.

replace target = mdy(<month>, 16, <year>) in 1

Then we copy each target by

replace target = target[_n-1] if missing(target)

then -collapse ... , by(target)-