st: RE: Venndiag to show percentage of data with weight

From   "Radwin, David" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Venndiag to show percentage of data with weight
Date   Fri, 10 Jan 2014 17:05:32 -0500

Please give the author and source of user-written programs as requested
by the FAQ. -venndiag- is by Jens M. Lauritsen and is available from SSC
(and originally from STB).

-venndiag- is over ten years old and uses pre-version 8 graphics. I
don't think there is much you can do to use weighted data except fake an
-fweight- by -expand-ing the number of observations by an integer value.
Even then, the Venn diagram percentages will be correct but the counts
will not be correct. If your weights are not integers, you might be able
to multiply them by an arbitrarily large multiple of ten and then round
them, although this might create a huge dataset in the -expand- step.

All of these kludges are at your own risk!

* Silly example
sysuse auto, clear
tab1 rep78
tab1 rep78 [fweight=weight] // different than unweighted
tab rep78, gen(repdummy)
venndiag repdummy1 repdummy2 repdummy3

expand weight // creates multiple copies of observations
tab1 rep78 // same frequency distribution as the weighted version above
venndiag repdummy1 repdummy2 repdummy3

David
--
David Radwin, Senior Research Associate