Re: st: RE: generate new variables using the first record of the group

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: RE: generate new variables using the first record of the group
Date   Thu, 31 Oct 2013 10:13:20 +0000

No answer to this as yet, but for reference here is one way of doing this:

I assume cities are labelled 1 to 42. For "any value of 42"

forval i == 1/42 {
      su city_n if city == `i', meanonly
      gen city`i'_n = r(min)
}