st: forvalues foreach or while loop for sequential variables

From   Robbie Katz <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: forvalues foreach or while loop for sequential variables
Date   Thu, 31 Oct 2013 01:11:11 -0400

I have a wide format data with variables with same text and different
numbers attached to them. The variables look like this: hospital1
hospital2 hospital3...hospital15. I want only unique values across
these variable for any one observation. For instance if both hospital
15 and hospital14 have the same value say, 10, then I want to delete
10 and replace it with "." for hospital15. Please let me know how I
can run a loop to achieve this.

I tried the following but it didn't work:
forvalues num=2/15 {
          replace hospital`num'=. if hospital`num'==hospital``num'-1'
  }

Please help,
Thanks!