SV: st: ROC-curves

From   Ragnhild Bergene Skråstad <[email protected]>
Subject   SV: st: ROC-curves
Date   Mon, 28 Oct 2013 07:19:47 +0000

thank you so much for all your very useful answers!
best wishes
Ragnhild BS

Fra: [email protected] [[email protected]] p&#229; vegne av Seed, Paul [[email protected]]
Sendt: 22. oktober 2013 11:20
Til: [email protected]
Emne: Re: st: ROC-curves

Roger is absolutely right.
Where data permits, using separate training and
validation sets  will remove the bias associated with overfitting.

Where there are too few cases to permit this, the validation may have to
take place in another data set, and will constitute a fresh study.

Otherwise,  it may be necessary to validate in a completely fresh cohort, gathered
under different circumstances, to show how widely the test can be applied.

BW

Paul

Paul T Seed, Senior Lecturer in Medical Statistics,
Division of Women's Health, King's College London
Women's Health Academic Centre, King's Health Partners
(+44) (0) 20 7188 3642.