st: Regression analyses for matched data

From   Pooja Desai <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Regression analyses for matched data
Date   Fri, 25 Oct 2013 00:28:59 -0500

Hello Statalisters,

I have data which has patients on antipsychotic medications. There are two
groups: cases--on multiple antipsychotics and controls--on single
antipsychotics. The two groups are matched (1:1 match) based on their
duration of exposure to an antipsychotic. I want to run some regression
models on them to look at cost and healthcare utilization outcomes. I am
not sure if I should use xtgee (since it is correlated data) or glm with
vce(cluster clustervar).

Another followup question is that I have one count outcome which has many
zeros. If I do use xtgee, is there a way to carry out zero inflated Poisson
or zero inflated negative binomial regression using it?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Pooja Desai