Re: st: RE: Check for coding of new variables using data patterns

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Check for coding of new variables using data patterns
Date   Tue, 22 Oct 2013 21:22:40 +0100

Thanks to David for the mention.

-groups- was given something of a write-up in 2003 in

http://www.stata-journal.com/sjpdf.html?articlenum=pr0011

but the SSC version is naturally more up-to-date. (The other programs
mentioned in that article did not survive natural selection.)

On 22 October 2013 19:41, Radwin, David <[email protected]> wrote:
> Caroline,
>
> How about -groups- (Nick Cox, SSC)?
>
> . groups var1 var2 var3 var4 var5 newvar

Thirukumaran, Caroline Pinto